This is probably my most favorite make-ahead lunch recipe of all time!
It’s a bit of work to put together – and it takes about 45 minutes to make this large batch (if you multi-task) – but it’s soooooooooooo worth it when lunchtime rolls around!
Feel free to cut this recipe in half if you don’t need so much. I like to make the whole batch, though, so Chad and I will have lunches ready for the next several days.
Southwestern Quinoa Salad Recipe
2 cups dry, uncooked quinoa
4 cups water
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 yellow bell peppers, seeded & diced
2 red bell peppers, seeded & diced
6 large green onions, thinly sliced
2 jalapenos, seeded, minced (optional)
2 small bunches cilantro, chopped
3/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice (about 4 large limes)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp black pepper
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic granules
4 dashes cayenne pepper
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
3. In a very large mixing bowl, combine all of the veggie ingredients and black beans.
4. Pour dressing over the veggie/bean mixture, and stir to combine.
5. After quinoa is cooked and cooled, fold it into the veggie/bean mixture.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow flavors to combine.
7. Enjoy! And be sure to check out our RECIPES PAGE for more delicious recipes!!!!