1 cup dry brown rice
1/2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
3/8 tsp dried oregano
3/8 tsp ground cumin
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 of a 6-oz. can tomato paste
1/2 + 3/8 cup dry white wine
1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
3/8 tsp sea salt
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
*Grab yourself a copy of our Grocery Shopping Guide for our tips on selecting the most additive-free versions of these ingredients.
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add onion, peppers, oregano, cumin and garlic; and sauté until tender (about 5 minutes).
4. Stir in tomato paste and wine, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until shrimp are cooked through (about 5 minutes).
6. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper.
7. Serve over rice and garnish each plate with fresh cilantro.
(Psst….If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to get yourself a copy of our additive-free cookbook & grocery shopping guide, “Eating Additive-Free“! It’s stuffed with 150+ more tasty recipes!! Your satisfaction is guaranteed…or your money back!)