Growing up (and for much of my adult life), I hated yams!
Yes, “hate” is a strong word. And, yet, its usage is 100% appropriate here! I literally shivered at the thought of yams. Bleh!
Of course, my only exposure to yams had been to yams from a can! Ewwww!
Luckily, I eventually discovered fresh yams! Now, they’re one of my favorite foods!
Whether you already love yams…or you’re just now willing to try them for the first time…I hope you love this recipe as much as we do at our house!
Sweet & Savory Yams Recipe
Serves 4 (Well…serves 4 as a side dish, but 2 of us tend to eat it all as a meal with berries or veggies!)
- 2 large yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Grease a casserole pan.
- Add yams to the pan.
- Drizzle with oil and syrup, and sprinkle with spices.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, stirring at least once. Bake until tender and browned.
- Season with more salt, to taste, if needed.
- Enjoy! And be sure to check out our RECIPES PAGE for more delicious recipes!!!!