Raise your hand if you love going to Chipotle for a Rice Bowl!
Yay, meeeeee toooooo!!!!
But, I’d generally rather know exactly what I’m eating…so I came up with this homemade Taco Rice Bowl, instead.
Honestly, although I do admit I’m biased…I much prefer this recipe over Chipotle’s bowls.
Give it a try, and let me know how you like it! What toppings do you prefer? Sound off in the comments below, okay?
And don’t forget to check out our RECIPES PAGE for more great recipes, too!!
Taco Rice Bowls
Makes 4 bowls
2 cups rice (dry), prepared according to package directions
1 lb ground beef
3/4 cup water
2 tsp chili powder
1½ tsp cumin
1 tsp onion granules
3 ¼ tsp garlic granules
½ tsp sea salt
Toppings of your choice, such as:
Diced green onions
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh lime, squeezed on top of the rice bowl
**Check out our Grocery Shopping Guide for our tips on selecting the most additive-free versions of these ingredients.
- Prepare the rice in a medium saucepan according to your package’s instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saucepan, brown the meat over medium-high heat.
- Drain any excess grease from the meat.
- Add the water to the meat.
- Stir the seasonings into the meat until dissolved. Simmer uncovered over low heat for about 10 minutes, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with toppings of your choice: guacamole, salsa, refried beans, sour cream, cilantro, diced tomato, green onions, corn chips, etc.
(Psst….If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to get yourself a copy of our additive-free cookbook & grocery shopping guide, “Eating Additive-Free“! )