If you (or your kids, etc.) are not broccoli’s greatest fan, then you’ve got to give this recipe a try! Forget about smothering your veggies with cheese! I just tried this recipe that I found on the back of a store-bought basil package (The Herbal Garden brand) because I thought it sounded tasty. And, as an unexpected result, I learned that fresh basil totally covers the “broccoli taste” of broccoli – it just tastes like BASIL! Trust me, and check out the recipe below! 🙂
For more great recipes and all of the grocery shopping tips you need to ensure that you select the most additive-free versions of all ingredients needed to make this recipe (and all of my recipes), check out my book “Eating Additive-Free“!
6 cups water plus 2 cups ice (ice bath)
1/3 cup sea salt
1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 TBSP olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced very thin
2 TBSP fresh basil, cut into thin strips
1. Bring water and salt to rolling boil and cook broccoli in water for 4 minutes.
2. Remove broccoli and place in ice bath for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from water and place on triple layer of paper towels.
4. Cover broccoli with triple layer of paper towels and gently pat dry.
5. Put oil and garlic in large, nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat for about 30 seconds. Do not burn garlic.
6. Add broccoli and cook for about 3 minutes.
7. Place on platter and sprinkle with fresh basil.
We write frequently here about natural health and happiness topics!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our blog for FREE updates from us, so you don’t miss a thing!!