Get ready to lick your bowls, people!!!! This dressing is SUPER DOOPER yummy!!!
CHECK OUT OUR RECIPES PAGE FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!!!
4 servings Curly Kale, torn or cut into bite-sized pieces
6 stalks Bok Choy, diced
2 heads broccoli florets, diced
2 large carrots, diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lime
1 small head red cabbage, sliced/shredded
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
3/8 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
3/8 cup water
3 TBSP Tamari or Soy Sauce
3 TBSP lime juice (1-2 limes)
3 cloves fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
1. Wash and dry Kale.
2. In a medium bowl, toss broccoli, carrots and Bok Choy with green onions and lime juice; set aside.
3. Wash, dry and chop cilantro; set aside.
4. Mix dressing ingredients together (we use an immersion blender); set aside.
5. Toss shredded cabbage with apple cider vinegar (this gives it a great shimmer, and brightens up the flavor!). Set aside.
6. Toast sesame seeds and sunflower seeds (separately) according to the directions at the end of this post. Set aside.
Store red cabbage and cilantro separately from other veggies.
In individual bowls, top kale with mixed veggies, cabbage, dressing, cilantro and seeds.
Enjoy the salad, and don’t forget to lick the bowl!
Quick Dry-Roasted Sunflower Seeds (& Toasted Sesame Seeds):
This is a great method for toasting sunflower seeds (or sesame seeds) when you only need a somewhat small amount… Just heat a skillet on the stove over medium heat. When pan is hot, toss in some sunflower seeds (don’t crowd the pan…you want the seeds in a single layer). Stand guard over the pan, as the seeds go quickly from “perfectly done” to “burnt”! You don’t need any oil to make this delicious salad topping! Just stir the seeds frequently until golden brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt (if desired). Transfer to a paper towel or plate, so the seeds don’t continue to cook/burn in the pan. Transfer to an air-tight container once cooled completely. Enjoy!
(Remember….If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to get yourself a copy of our additive-free cookbook & grocery shopping guide, “Eating Additive-Free“! It’s stuffed with 150+ more tasty recipes!! Your satisfaction is guaranteed…or your money back!)